2012/03/19

Granting Permissions to Domain Admin group on SQL Server 2008 Instance

I just wondered about why i couldn't login as member of the domain administrators group to the SQL-Server after i added this group to the SQL as sysadmin. If i add me as user itself the login workes fine.  Here is the right "procedure":


- Add Domain Admins group in the SQL Server Security Login
- Give Sysadmin rights to the Domain Admins group

AND (if you login as member of the group)


- Disable UAC or start the SQL Server Management Studio as an Administrator

3 comments:

  1. I ran into this issue today on a new SQL 2008 server and got frustrated before Google brought me here. This worked great, thank you for the write up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I needed, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete